Tuesday, May 18, 2010

6 Weeks!

I finally got to lose the crutches. I had my 6 weeks post-op checkup with my doctor yesterday. He said that I am exactly where I should be. I have a little more than 90 degrees of flexion, although most of my muscle strength is non-existent. I can finally drop the crutches, and my brace is allowed to bend to 70 degrees (it has hinges on the side). This allows me to practice walking without my knee giving out and me falling on my face.

Therapy is going really well too. My toughest workout is seemingly the easiest. I have to flex my quad, which pushes the back of my knee into the ground. My therapist puts a blood pressure cuff slightly pumped up below my knee. I then push down and flex, and hold for 10 seconds at about 60 pounds, and I do that 20-30 times. The idea is to get my heel off the ground while doing that. ITS SO FREAKING HARD. And it's my goal.

Anyways, I'm getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment