Thursday, June 3, 2010

8 weeks post-op

So I'm at 8 weeks post-op. I managed to get to 115 degrees of flexion today, which is an increase of 10 from last week. My workouts have been getting increasingly harder, with my PT testing my flexibility, strength, balance, stability, everything. When I'm finished, I feel like I've run 6 miles. I'm sweaty, exhausted, and feel like collapsing. But it's the best part of my day.

I've been in therapy for 5 weeks now. I love having someone tell me what exercises to do, watching my form, and pushing me to work harder. I think once I'm done with therapy I might get a personal trainer twice a week to help me get back into real shape. I don't think my leg will be back to normal right away after therapy, and I enjoy working out with someone.

Hopefully only a few more weeks. Or months.

No comments:

Post a Comment